A slab leak in your home could lead to an expensive and messy situation in your home. Custom Plumbing offers professional servicing to prevent this from happening.
But first, what is it? If you’ve never experienced one before, you probably don’t know. And while it’s a good thing that you’ve never had to deal with a slab leak, not knowing about this serious plumbing problem can end up costing you.
A slab leak occurs when one of the pipes within or beneath your home’s concrete leaks or bursts, causing a leak you may be unaware of for quite some time.
Some signs that you may have a slab leak are:
- The sound of running water when no water sources in your house are on
- Moisture or mold under your carpeting
- Hot spots on tile flooring
- A turning water meter when no water is on in your home
- A recent bug problem due to moisture
- Cracks in your floors or walls
- A higher-than-usual water bill
At the first sign of any of these slab leak symptoms, you should call a professional. Custom Plumbing will send an expert to your home to check your pipes with the highest-grade and newest equipment to ensure that these minor problems don’t turn into a full-blown catastrophe.
If these leaks go undetected, the repairs could be a nightmare. Some options include complete re-piping of your broken lines, re-routing of pipes, or lining larger pipes such as sewer lines.
Detection can prevent this, and we can help.